Vision, Ethos & Values
Our Vision Statement
At The Howard School we aspire for all our students to gain the academic results and personal skills to make a positive contribution to society, both now and in the future.
Ethos and Values
The Howard School strives to:
- Foster tolerance and respect for all cultures represented in the school.
- Foster productive partnerships with parents, carers and the wider community.
- Ensure that students are aware of their rights and responsibilities, and have respect for the rights of others.
- Provide a challenging, interesting and well-balanced curriculum catering for the range of abilities and needs of our students.
- Continue to raise our standards of academic success.
- Provide a safe, happy and caring working environment in which each student is valued.
- Have consistently high expectations relevant to the abilities of each student; to match these with high quality resources and learning strategies.
- Develop in each student a sense of moral values in order to help prepare them for future responsibilities and opportunities.
- Develop in students an understanding of themselves and enable them to become responsible citizens with a social, cultural, economic and political awareness