Curriculum Overview and Subjects
Choose a Subject: Back to Subjects
RE, Philosophy and Ethics
The purpose of the Religious Education curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to introduce our students to different beliefs, values and practises.
- to celebrate some of the similarities and differences between key beliefs and teachings.
- to explore how different religions celebrate their history and to support our students to understand rites of passage.
- to enable students to critically assess different responses to ethical issues.
- to support our students to evaluate the role of religious beliefs in the modern day and challenge our students to define what is sacred and what is profane.
- to challenge our students to consider more deeply philosophical questions on life after death, evil and suffering and to pose to them existential questions on our existence, evaluating their effectiveness.
- to provide our students with an opportunity to explore their own moral compass and find their voice in discussions and debates.
|Mrs||Cleall||Head of RE|
|Miss||Leeper||Teacher of RE|
Courses offered on Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5