Curriculum Overview and Subjects
Choose a Subject: Back to Subjects
The purpose of the Science curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to share our passion for Science.
- to allow our students to develop a curiosity for the world around them
- to enable our students to not just be able to use modern technology but to develop an appreciation for how it works.
- to allow our students to appreciate the progress we have made as humans and how the ideas and concepts that we take for granted now were once new and often controversial.
- to dispel our students’ misconceptions about how science and technology work.
- to develop critical thinking skills, making our students rational, confident young people who can make a positive contribution to society.
- to develop our students’ problem solving skills and resilience through the teaching of challenging, abstract concepts.
- to prepare students for the world of work by equipping them with the aforementioned skills, regardless of whether they work in a scientific field or not.
|Mr||Bassi||Assistant Head of Science|
|Mr||Bull||Teacher of Science|
|Miss||Crews||Teacher of Science|
|Mr||Day||Teacher of Science|
|Mr||Doe||Teacher of Science|
|Mr||Heaton||Teacher of Science|
|Mr||Hollands||Teacher of Science|
|Mr||Holness||Assistant Head of Science|
|Ms||Jaiyeoba||Head of Year 10/Teacher of Science|
|Miss||Lock||Teacher of Science|
Deputy Head of Year 10/ Teacher of Science
|Mr||Midgeley||Teacher of Science|
|Ms||Samuels||Deputy Headteacher / Teacher of Science|
|Mr||Scott||Head of Physics|
|Mr||Woolmer||Head of Science|
Courses offered on Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5