Curriculum Overview and Subjects
Choose a Subject: Back to Subjects
The purpose of the Geography curriculum at The Howard School is:
- to provide all our students with an understanding of the complex and dynamic world we live in.
- to help students apply knowledge of key physical and human processes to diverse places, landscapes and locations in more traditional themes such as Rivers, Coasts and Population
- to encourage our students to question our complex and dynamic world by navigating more contemporary themes in Geography such as Superpowers, Water Insecurity and Energy Issues.
- to support our students’ understanding of the attitudes and actions of various players towards these future issues.
- to exploit the subject’s relevance to our students through an enquiry-based approach. inquisitive learners, consider their own place in the world and question the world around them. We want to help our students answer these questions.
|Mr||Collins||Teacher of Geography|
|Mr||Dunn||Head of Geography|
|Mrs||Stone||Deputy Head of Year 8 / Teacher of Geography|
|Mrs||Thompson||Teacher of Geography/ Professional Mentor|
Courses offered on Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5